Friday, November 5, 2010

architecty architecture

Class is very boring. As much as I love architecture and my professor, I cannot stay awake for the life of me. In an attempt to avoid this and to actually learn some of the material she's covering, I present you with my favorite topic of this lecture: Alhambra. I promise I don't only like it because it's pretty. That may or may not be the main reason, but it's definitely not the only...



Just look at that pretty

Granted she only mentioned it in passing, but the columns and arches are just too dainty to not love. No, they do not remind me of the murderous chandelier. Okay they do a little bit, or I wouldn't have mentioned it. 
Islamic gardens all have water features, which is pretty sweet considering most of them are in the desert.The people who built these gardens were masters of irrigation systems, an I can hardly handle a sprinkler. It's a bit humbling when you think about it. Here's another one, Bagh-e Fin, Kashan.

oooo.... aaaaaaahh.....

These guys really knew how to make an effective garden. They're rich and understated, yet absolutely breathtaking. Can you do that? Maybe, I don't know you well enough to judge. 

And to add a little wtf:

this makes sense to me, you don't have to follow my logic




No comments:

Post a Comment